Everyone else’s full-float axle just became obsolete. The Dynatrac ProFloat XD60™ is a proprietary system of axleshaft, housing and bearing technology that virtually eliminates axle-flange bending, even with tires up to 40-inches in diameter. This ProFloat XD60 is a direct bolt-in for the 2018-current Jeep Wrangler (JL).
Dynatrac has once again rewritten the rulebook of axle strength and durability. With the introduction of the ProFloat XD60 axle, customers can now have the strength of a full-float rear axle without the heavy weight and the need to change wheels.
This all-new advanced axle housing and axleshaft design provides the following upgrades in strength:
- Major bearing offset improvement to greatly reduce cantilever effect of loads at the wheel
- Significantly thicker flange section at the wheel bolt circle
- Much larger shaft-to-flange transition radius, with tapered flange skirts for extra flange stiffness
- Bearing journal is larger in diameter than other performance semi-float axle shafts
- Seal journal is significantly larger in diameter than performance semi-float axleshafts
- U.S.-made, heat-treated chromoly axleshafts
The ProFloat XD60 is available with 35-spline axleshafts.
In addition, the ProFloat XD60 is up to 100 pounds lighter than comparable full-float axles. This is unsprung weight, further improving the on- and off-road driving characteristics of the vehicle.
Because the ProFloat XD60 is not a full-float axle, customers can retain their existing wheel, saving costs when upgrading to larger tires. This new design uses off-the-shelf, heavy-duty F-150 brake assemblies for great performance and ease of procuring replacement components. The brakes are compatible with Wrangler (JL) ABS/ESP.
The ProFloat XD60 includes all of these standard ProRock XD60® features:
- Dynatrac exclusive patented ProRock® nodular-iron, ProRock XD60 center section with optional bearing bores to handle oversize pinion and carrier bearings for elite housing rigidity.
- Low-pinion, standard-cut gearing for ideal rear-axle application
- Optional high-pinion, reverse-cut gearing is available on request.
- More ground clearance than any other axle housing in its class
- Best strength, best ring-and-pinion gear support and stability
- High-capacity carrier-bearing saddle structure
- 7/16-inch cover bolts – cover now adds additional structure to the housing
- O-ring cover seal and hard contact mating surfaces
- 4.0-inch diameter, variable wall thickness, lightweight, chromoly tubing has the highest strength-to-weight ratio compared to any other light-truck axle on the market
- Dynatrac exclusive Dual-Sump High Volume™ (DSHV) oiling system to ensure the outer pinion bearing is never without lubrication