The RockJock® High Steer Knuckle Kit for all Jeep® JL & JT models is a game changer, packed with features that improve the off-road capabilities, as well as the on-road drivability of your vehicle!
Intended for use on factory axles, this kit replaces the inferior factory aluminum knuckles with our cast iron high steer knuckles (RJ-447100-101) that exceed OEM quality and strength. Our knuckles raise the tie rod 2 3/4" and the drag link 2 1/2", moving the rods out of the way of rocks and helping to restore factory steering geometry for improved drivability and overall road comfort on a lifted Jeep. The new knuckles also feature two adjustable steering stop locations for full lock-to-lock adjustability which helps ease the strain on steering components at full lock. Stock ball joints, unit bearings, axles, brakes and dust shields are all retained.
Our Currectlync® steering included in these kits features our revolutionary high articulation forged chromoly drag link (RJ-442103-101) that incorporates a unique organic shape with many compound curves, that can only be achieved via forging, resulting in maximum up-travel capabilities. Our tie rod (RJ-442101-101) is a 42mm (1 5/8”) diameter chromoly tube. All Currectlync® steering ends are forged steel and comparable in size to those found on modern 1-ton trucks.
Given the dramatic geometry changes vehicle lifts impose, this kit includes a trac bar geometry relocation bracket with a fully integrated ram assist steering mount (RJ-441109-103). Our trac bar mounting point is raised 2 1/2", to correct geometry, preventing any bump steer.
The ram assist mount portion of the bracket provides an easy bolt-up anchor point for your hydraulic assist ram, as well as a lower skid plate, incorporated into the bracket, to protect the ram from rocks!
Also provided is our high-end, forged chromoly ram assist tie rod clamp (RJ-441001-101) that easily installs onto the 42mm (1 5/8”) tie rod tube, and allows for full adjustability.
We recommend the use of our RJ-9120FJLF forged chromoly organically shaped front trac bar and our RJ-107101-101 fully adjustable front bump stop kit to ensure all components nest together for maximum up-travel, as engineered.
A picture is worth a thousand words, as they say! Please review this item’s photo gallery!
Kit Fits:*Fits all listed vehicles below, granted they retain the factory front differential, or any aftermarket differential that features factory spec. inner “C” knuckles.
- Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited (4-door)
- Jeep Wrangler JL (2-door)
- Jeep Gladiator JT
- Left side high steer steering knuckle
- Right side high steer steering knuckle
- Currectlync Drag Link
- Currectlync Tie Rod
- Trac bar relocation and ram mount axle bracket
- Ram assist tie rod clamp
- For use on any factory JL or JT front differential, or any aftermarket replacement axle that features factory specification inner “C” knuckles and up to 3 1/2" diameter axle tubes.
- Retains factory unit bearings, axle shafts, ball joints, steering stop bolts & brakes with dust shields.
- Trac bar relocation / ram assist axle bracket kit provides new sway bar link mounting holes that are raised 2 1/8” higher than stock (sway bar link lengths must be adjusted to accommodate this).
- Intended to be used with a minimum of a 17” diameter wheel and up to a 6” wheel backspacing.
- A minimum of a 2.2” bump stop extension is mandatory to keep components from crashing under full articulation range conditions. See our RJ-107101-101 adjustable front bump stop kit for an easy to use solution.
- This package requires a ram assist steering ram stroke of 7.375” to achieve full potential (factory steering radius)
- Axle bracket easily installs, but requires welding. However, it mounts solidly enough with the bolts that you can safely drive it to a welder if need be.
- For optimum performance of this kit, we recommend the use of our RJ-9120FJLF trac bar and our RJ-107101-101 adjustable bump stop kit.
- This kit is intended for use in conjunction with common PSC ram assist steering kits.